- Peroxide Test Strips for Hot Tub/Spa/Pool 0 – 400 ppm
- 100 strips in a tube
- 30 second response with readings at 0-100-200-300-400ppm for concentration levels of hydrogen peroxide.
- Suitable for detection of hydroperoxides and ether peroxides.
- Polymeric peroxides, which can form in diethylether, are not detected.
- Organic peroxides, such as di-tert-butyl peroxide, dicumyl peroxide or tert-butyl perbenzoate, either do not react or react with significantly reduced sensitivity.
- Some people prefer to use 100ppm hydrogen peroxide test strips for hot tubs but our experts recommend slightly higher levels especially if you need to “shock” your hot tub into cleanliness.
- If your swimming pool only gets occasional use, you might prefer to keep it closer to 50ppm & use 100ppm hydrogen peroxide test strips. However, if your pool sees heavy use during summer it may experience a higher organic load and levels over 100ppm may reduce the need for shock treatments.